Consultant, Nichols Applied Management
Market Feasibility Studies, Agriculture Poilcy, Economic Development Analysis
B.Sc. Environmental and Conservation Sciences, University of Alberta
M.Sc. Agricultural & Resource Economics, University of Alberta
Associated with firm since: 2020
Operations Manager, Tree Ninja
Research Assistant, University of Alberta
Economic Development, Sturgeon County
Information Management, Parks Canada
Regulatory Approvals, Alberta Environment & Parks
Abram Iskander is experienced in applied economic analysis of Canadian industries. He has a strong research background in local economic development initiatives, and public policy recommendations. Recent projects Abram has worked on include:
- Agriculture Income Insurance Policy - Abram evaluated the public support program AgriStability, which stabilizes producers’ incomes when they experience volatility to their margins. He proposed an area index insurance mechanism alternative, testing the performance using a Monte Carlo simulation. Abram compared the programs on reduced risks for participants, and payout timeliness.
- Data Centre Market Feasibility Study - As global data creation exponentially grows and the need for storage continues, Abram examined the feasibility for a potential data centre investment in Alberta. The report examined the financial performance of the Canadian industry, and of data centres within markets of interest.
- Cannabis Cultivation Investment Analysis - For the Canadian cannabis industry, Abram provided analysis and recommendations on the cannabis cultivation market to the client. The analysis challenged market assumptions, and evaluated the financial performance of an investment proposition.
- Greenhouse Facility Feasibility Study - The study focused on potential markets for a greenhouse operation in Alberta. Abram conducted a detailed review of market size, growth, competition, and potential returns.
- Sturgeon County Economic Advantages - Abram compiled information that promoted the municipality’s infrastructure and economic assets to prospective investors. He completed a study highlighting demographic and economic advantages of the municipality comparative to provincial and national trends.
Email: Abram Iskander