Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Next Generation Retention Survey
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Entry into this Contest constitutes your acceptance of these Contest Rules.
1. CONSULTANT: The Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Next Generation Retention Survey Contest (the “Contest") is being conducted by Nichols Applied Management Inc. (the Consultant).
2. SPONSORS: The Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Next Generation Retention Survey Contest (the "Contest") is sponsored by CAREERS (the “Sponsor”) https://www.careersnextgen.ca/.
3. ELIGIBILITY: the Contest is open to legal residents of Alberta, Canada between the ages of 15 and 25. Those under the age of 18 must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules, including but not limited to the eligibility requirements set out herein. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Consultant, in the Consultant’s sole discretion.
4. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest ends on December 5 at 11:59:59 p.m. Mountain Standard time (“Contest End Date”), after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted. The sole determinant of time for the purpose of a receipt of a valid entry will be the Consultant’s server machines.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Once you reach the end of the Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Next Generation Retention Survey, enter your contact information into the entry form and click “DONE”. For purposes of this Contest, "receipt" of an online entry occurs when the Consultant’s servers record the entry information. All entry forms must contain a complete name, e-mail address, and phone number to be a valid entry and are subject to verification by the Consultant in its sole discretion. Limit one entry per person.
Completing this survey is not required to enter or win. To enter without fully completing the survey, please hand print your name, address, email address, postal code, and phone number on a plain 3” X 5” piece of paper and sign it. Place the entry form in an envelope and mail it with sufficient postage to Nichols Applied Management at 302 11523-100 Ave, Edmonton, AB T5K 0J8. Entries must be postmarked no later than December 5, 2022 and must be received no later than December 12, 2022. Limit of one (1) entry per envelope with sufficient postage. All mail-in entries will bear the same odds as survey responses received online.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use automatic, programmed, or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Consultant’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules will be deemed void. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Consultant’s server machine(s).
6. CONTEST PRIZES: There are a total of three (3) prizes available to be won: (i) one iPad air including case and Apple Pen (approximate retail value $1,100 CAD); (ii) one $500.00 Visa Gift Card; and (iii) one $200 Visa Gift Card. All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize. The Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-changeable once issued, and must be accepted as awarded. Winners may not transfer, modify, or substitute any prizes. Consultant reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at time of award. Limit one prize per person, and per e-mail address. Winners will pickup their prize in person from CARREERS office at 305 Macdonald Crescent #1, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 4B2.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
8. RANDOM DRAW AND WINNER CONFIRMATION: On or around December 13 (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 12:00:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, an employee of the Consultant will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before the Contest End Date and select the winners (the “Selected Entrants”). The Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, they will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind (whether mechanical or otherwise), a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail; (ii) comply with all Contest Rules; and (iii) sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release form, all in the sole discretion of the Consultant.
THE SELECTED ENTRANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL OR TELEPHONE WITHIN ONE (1) BUSINESS DAY OF THE DRAW DATE. The Selected Entrants will be contacted using the e-mail address or telephone number provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Upon notification, Selected Entrants must respond by e-mail or phone no later than 4:30:59 p.m. Mountain Standard time on December 19. If a Selected Entrant does not respond in accordance with these Contest Rules, they will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by random draw. The Consultant is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Consultant to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant entering electronically is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address). Each selected entrant may be required
to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: Each winner must sign a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsors and Consultant, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”), from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize.
Signed Declaration and Release forms must be returned to the Consultant by e-mail no later than 11:59:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time on December 21.
The Consultant is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) incomplete, delayed, or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. CONDUCT: The Consultant reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (i) violating these Contest Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (iii) acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Consultant reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Consultant reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering, the Consultant reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Law: The Contest is void in all Canadian provinces except Alberta and where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. The Contest and these Contest Rules shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Alberta and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Edmonton, Alberta.
Privacy: When you enter this contest, the Consultant may collect your name, address, phone number and e-mail address to administer your participation in the contest.
The Consultant reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Consultant corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are individually owned by the Consultant. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Consultant is strictly prohibited.