Analysts are responsible for supporting senior members of the firm deliver projects to a wide variety of clients. The diversity of our client base and project work is best suited to a generalist with the ability to engage with a wide variety of subject areas and analytical tools. Analysts are generally responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with other members of project teams.
- Conducting research and synthesising findings in a clear and concise manner for other members of the firm.
- Collecting and validating data from primary and secondary sources to support project work.
- Contributing to the preparation of proposal, reports, and presentations.
- Undertaking data analysis and building analytical models in a variety of software suites, most often Microsoft Excel.
- Other duties as assigned.
We support a variety of clients outside of Edmonton. The successful candidate may be required to travel occasionally (i.e. once per month) and generally within Alberta.
A qualified analyst will have:
- A post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline.
- Previous experience in research or analyst positions. This experience may include academic work for more junior candidates with limited job experience (e.g. case competitions).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to assess a problem and develop a logical and creative approach to generating a solution.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize deliverables while meeting competing deadlines.
- A positive attitude and the ability to work independently and within a team.
The following attributes would be considered an asset but are not required:
- A degree in business, economics, or statistics.
- Familiarity with the energy sector, municipal finance and/or governance, and/or econometrics.
- A strong command of Microsoft Excel’s advanced functions (e.g. VBA).
Please note the following:
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- More qualified candidates are welcome to submit applications and may be considered for more senior positions, if appropriate.
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate their analytical skills and writing abilities during the interview process and are encouraged to submit examples of their work along with their resume and cover letter.
Any questions and submissions can be made to:
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.